Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Book Of Mormon: Another Testament Of Jesus Christ

 After many centuries of spiritual darkness, our Heavenly Father knew that doubt, disbelief, and misinformation would remain among people. Therefore, through the prophet Joseph Smith, the Lord brought forth an ancient volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. This record is the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It contains the fulness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ.



   Joseph Smith was directed by a heavenly messenger named Moroni to a hill where gold plates had lain hidden for centuries. These gold plates contained the writings of prophets giving an account of God’s dealings with some of the ancient inhabitants of the Americas. Joseph Smith translated the contents of these plates by the gift and power of God.

   The prophets in the Book of Mormon knew about Jesus Christ and taught His gospel. The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the people in the Americas. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

  "Jesus Teaching In The West" By John Scott
    We read the following in the title page of the Book of Mormon: "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost." I testify that this promise is true.
  Three years ago, I decided I needed to find out for myself if the book is true. As I read the Book of Mormon, I prayed with a sincere heart, with real intent, and faith that I would receive an answer. The power of the Book of Mormon could not be restrained as I feasted upon the words of Christ. I cannot deny the Holy Ghost that testified to me then, and continues to whisper to me of its truthfulness. Because I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. More importantly, because the Book of Mormon is true, I know that Jesus is the Christ, He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. For, that is the very purpose of the book - to testify of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts Regarding This Blog Post: