Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Faith In God

  A couplethree days ago I had the opportunity to teach a young man who is struggling with believing in God. He came to us with a particular problem, but we soon found out that his initial concern was not the thing that we needed to address. His real problem is that he does not believe in Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ. We talked a lot about faith and what steps we need to take to develop our faith in God. This young man was, frankly, very bitter and stubborn and expressed to us that he is tired of hearing that "faith" is always the answer. My companion and I bore strong testimony that we KNOW that God lives and that Jesus' atonement is real. However, he just told us that we really do not know and that there is no way to know that God is real unless we actually see him. I promise that this is not true. We do not need to see to believe. It's important to understand that faith is not knowing. Faith is just the first step; Faith is a hope in things that we cannot see. We explained that we need to let ourselves believe. "But behold, if ye will . . .experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." - Alma 32:27
  As I listened to myself and my companion bear testimony of the reality of a living Heavenly Father and Savior, my testimony of this principle grew stronger. I don't merely believe that God lives. I don't just hope that God lives. To all who read this post, I KNOW that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Savior of the world. I know these things because I have seen too many miracles in my life to ever say otherwise. I know these things because I've felt of my Heavenly Father's love time and time again. I cannot deny what I have felt. The Holy Ghost does not lie. This surety all started with faith; It all started with me letting myself acutally want to believe.

Got Faith? Pillowcase

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts Regarding This Blog Post: